The initiatives of the Department of Agriculture (DA) amidst COVID19 will be continuously implemented in the region.
It was the pronouncement of Regional Executive Director Narciso A. Edillo in his radio program today over DZDA, the official radio station of DA-Regional Field Office No. 02 (DA-RFO 02).
Among these are the following:
1. Upscaling of the operation of Kadiwa ni Ani at Kita, both stationary and on wheels, in strategic places undertaken by the research center and experiment stations of DA-RFO 02;
2. Issuance of food pass by DA-Agribusiness and Marketing Assistance Division (AMAD) and research center and experiment stations concerning the unhampered/unimpeded movement of agricultural products;
3. Price monitoring and reactivation of Local Price Coordinating Council (LPCC) to ensure price stabilization;
4. Close coordination with Nueva Vizcaya Agricultural Terminal (NVAT) and other suppliers on the guaranteed supply of vegetables NCR, different regions and within Cagayan Valley;
5. Implementation of Gulayan sa Bakuran and Urban Agriculture through the distribution of vegetable seeds to interested households in coordination with local government units;
6. Issuance of certification to agricultural workers for use in checkpoints in order not to impede their operations;
7. Continuous monitoring of African Swine Fever (ASF) and Bird Flu-related activities to control the spread of these; and
8. Monitoring of the impact of El Nino Phenomenon and identification and implementation of strategies to ease the effect on our farmers.
The executive director challenges everyone to be pro-active in identifying measures that will enhance food security, especially when the situation worsens.
He mentioned the Plan, Plant, Plant strategy of the department initiated by Agriculture Secretary William D. Dar as a practical solution to address the said issue.
Edillo is positive, however, that if everybody shall continue to be united and think for the good of all, then issues will become easier to solve.
(With reports from Hector Tabbun)